Last updated: 12 April 2021
Information You Give Us. You may give us information by signing up for an online account, entering information through our online forms or surveys, contacting us through our website chat function, applying for employment opportunities with us, or contacting us by phone or email for information or customer service.
The categories of information you may give us include:
· Contact information, such as name, address, location, email, and telephone number
· Online and device identifiers, such as IP address, MAC address, cookies, robot ID, username, and password
· Professional, employment, or education information, such as copies of your resume or CV and any other information required to verify your qualifications, for recruitment purposes
· Financial information, such as credit card information, for online purchases
Information We Automatically Collect. Like many websites and mobile application operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website or use our mobile applications.
This includes log data, such as your device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics, and whether you reached our page via a social media or email campaign. This information may be collected via several technologies, including cookies, web beacons, clear GIFs, canvas fingerprinting, and other means, such as Google Remarketing and Facebook Pixel.
Information We Collect Through Our Robot Consumer Devices. Our robot consumer devices collect information in order to function properly. For example, the robot collects information about your WiFi network in order to connect and function wirelessly. Additionally, the robot collects environmental information. This is information about the robot’s movement throughout the environment it is cleaning, which is necessary to create a “location map” of the robot’s domain and includes the existence of objects or obstacles encountered on its cleaning route.
Information We Collect From Third Parties. If you access our Website through third parties (e.g., Facebook or Google), or if you share content from our Website to a third-party social media service, the third-party service will send us certain information about you if the third-party service and your account settings with it allow such sharing: the information we receive will depend on the policies and your account settings with the third-party service.
We use your personal information as follows:
· To provide you with our products and services, including for your purchase and use of our consumer robots and associated mobile applications
· To market our products and/or services to you
· With respect to website cookies, to share with third-party marketing partners to provide tailored advertising on our Website and other websites that you may visit
· To share with third parties for the third party’s own marketing efforts
· To analyze Website usage and improve the services offered
· For market research, project planning, and troubleshooting problems
· To provide you with employment opportunities
· For detecting and protecting against errors, fraud, or other criminal activity
Affiliates and Service Providers. We share your information with our third-party service providers and any subcontractors as required to offer you our products and services.
Third Party-Links and Websites. Our Website may contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites.
Disclosures Required by Law. We may be required to disclose your data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement requirements. We may be under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, to protect our rights, property, or safety, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT and a common approach to responding to DNT.
Google Ads/Facebook Pixel. We also use Google Ads and Facebook Pixel to deliver tailored advertising on our Website and other websites that you may visit. You can learn more about how to control advertising cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link, the DAA’s Consumer Opt-Out link for browsers, or the DAA’s opt-out link for mobile devices. Please note that electing to opt-out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications and may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests.
Please contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Information” section below if you would like to request access and/or make any changes to your personal information.
Marketing Opt-Out: We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any email we send, or you can contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Information” section below. You will still continue to receive service-related messages concerning products and services you have purchased (unless we have indicated otherwise).
Exercising Your Privacy Rights. We have listed the privacy rights for several jurisdictions below, but we understand you may have additional rights in your jurisdiction. You may contact us directly at any time about exercising your data protection rights. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
If you are from the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, our legal bases for collecting and using your personal information is as follows:
· The performance of your contract or to enter into the contract and to take action on your requests. For example, the processing of your account registration, providing information on your purchases, providing our robot consumer services.
· Our legitimate business interests. For example, fraud prevention, maintaining the security of our network and services, direct marketing to you, and improvement of our services.
· Compliance with a mandatory legal obligation. For example, accounting and tax requirements, which are subject to mandatory retention periods. We may also collect your personal information to record your requests to exercise your rights and to verify your identity for such requests.
· The consent you provide where we do not rely on another legal basis. Consent may be withdrawn at any time.
· In some limited cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement requirements, as described above in “How Do We Share Personal Information?”
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Information” section below.
If you are from the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, you have the right, under certain circumstances, to:
· Access your personal information;
· Correct inaccurate personal information;
· Request erasure of your personal information without undue delay;
· Request the restricted processing of your personal information;
· Request portability of the personal information that you have given us; and
· To object to the processing of your personal information.
If you are from the European Economic Area, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, under certain circumstances.
You may contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Information” section below for more information or to exercise your rights.
Any data that you provide to us may be accessed, shared, and processed by our offices, located in China and Hong Kong, and service providers located in the United States and the European Economic Area.
This may entail a transfer of your personal information across international borders. The data protection standards may differ and be lower than the standards enforced in your jurisdiction.
We maintain appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law for any personal information transferred internationally, and, if required by applicable law, will seek your consent prior to such transfers.
Our Website, products, and services are not directed at individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Information” section below. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
Personal information may be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization, or other change in control. If we sell, merge, or transfer any part of the business, part of the sale may include your personal information.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. For example, when possible, we use encryption to transfer and store data. We further limit access to this data using access controls and confidentiality commitments.
However, no website, application, or transmission can guarantee security. Thus, while we have established and maintained what we believe to be reasonable procedures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of personal information obtained through our Website, products, and services, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Toll-free number: 1-866-939-2153